Medicontur FlexVet IOL
First class material for Inflammation Control
FlexVet IOLs are manufactured from a long-time proven 25% hydrophilic copolymer material, optimally combining hydrophilic and hydrophobic monomers for:
• controlling inflammation
• low risk of fibrin reaction
• easy folding and implantation
ELASTICITY • SOFTNESS • SHAPE MEMORY
Smooth continuous gliding of the IOL inside the cartridge, low injection force.
Immediate, symmetric and atraumatic unfolding inside the capsular bag.
FlexVet IOLs material offers permanent optic quality as a result of:
• unequalled transparency
• optimal refraction power of 42 D, minimizing the risk of under correction
FlexVet IOLs material offers improved safety with:
• optimized biocompatibility
• low ionicity surface for minimized rates of cells adhesion
For more information on our other Veterinary products click here
First class material for inflammation control
Manufactured from a long-time proven 25% hydrophilic copolymer material
Large contact angle
For long term stability and excellent centration
0° angulation of haptics
For a pressure free ciliary area, reducing the risk of glaucoma
Description & Technical Specs
First class design for Perfect Stability
Specific polish-free manufacturing process and specific design characterize all FlexVet IOLs with a sharp 360° square edge including the optic-haptic junction zone.
Studies have highlighted the essential role of the optics profile design – especially the existence of a square edge all around the optic – to control cell migration
Large contact angle
Only a specific design offering a large contact angle and adequate haptics resistance can provide long-term stability and ultimate centration.
FlexVet IOLs benefits from all assets of the FlexVet platform design characteristics
- for reproducible centration of the IOL
- for axial, radial and rotational stability
- for adaptation to different shapes and sizes of capsular bags
A 0° angulation
- for a pressure free ciliary area, reducing the risk of glaucoma
- to easily remove all viscoelastic gel from behind the IOL after surgery
- to improve refraction stability
FlexVet IOLs are available in three sizes for adaptation to the capsular bag (12mm, 13mm & 14mm)
Interested to learn how the FlexVet is used, click here to see a handling and implantation video!